AUTHENTIC MEXICAN FOOD TOUR
Let´s set the glamour aside for a moment and explore the authentic Mexico through its food, eating like a local does. We´ll guide you through our culinary diversity, from the antique ingredients and gastronomy to the contemporary street food style.
Additionally, you´ll learn more about the Mexico City, the history, art, and architecture of its main avenues, monuments, streets and the Historic Center.
- To start, you´ll try the best Tacos al Pastor you can find in the Historic Center, which could be served either in Taco or Torta. This type of tacos is very popular among Mexicans.
- We´ll walk through a popular Mexican market where you´ll be able to try grasshoppers, ants, and maguey worms, which have been ingredients of Mexican cuisine since the pre-Hispanic times. We also are going to learn about types of Cacao, explained by the stall owner.
- After walking some streets more, the next stop will be at a Mexican restaurant which offers food from Oaxaca. Here you can try an Enchilada de Mole. The Mole is an unspeakable tasty sauce that involves history and culture through the mixture of ingredients and the long process of preparation, becoming cultural intangible heritage claimed by Unesco.
- It’s time to eat like a truly Chilango! An authentic Mexican knows how to eat tacos standing in the street. In this place, you´ll try Tacos de Canasta, which is a different type of taco prepared using a basket.
- Going to a Cantina for a drink is a very antique tradition that has remained to today. Mexicans go there to hang out, listen to Mexican music and have some shots of Tequila or Mezcal. They also serve Mexican food with your drink.
- Our walk continues so, to restock on energy, we´ll taste a Mexican churro filled with Cajeta or Chocolate served with Mexican Coffe or Atole.
- Finally, the desert. You´ll have a Mexican handmade Nieve. It is like a natural ice cream made by an artisan process either with Mexican fruits, Tequila or Mezcal.
This is a Private Tour in your language. You will have, not only a comfortable and safe trip but also an exclusive & distinguished attention from your professional guide. We´ll pick you up at your hotel/address.
- Duration: 4 hours approx.
- Available in: English, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, German.
- Type of tour: Private tour.
- Luxury Transportation: In sedan, either Mercedes C200, Mercedes E500 or Chrysler 300
- Included: Pickup and Drop Off at your hotel within Reforma, Polanco, Roma or Condesa. Also, includes vast samples of food mentioned in each stop and one alcoholic drink. Minors cannot try alcohol.
- Not included: Personal expenses or any extra consumption not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Get prepared: You´re going to walk around 3 kilometers, make sure to wear comfortable shoes. Bring your ID.
Private Tour in Luxury Sedan:
- 4 persons – $75 USD per pax
- 3 persons – $85 USD per pax
- 2 persons – $110 USD per pax
- 1 person – $190 USD per pax